Search This Blog

Friday, April 16, 2010

Nori Rolls with 'No Tuna' Pate


I'm not a huge sushi fan, but I love the look of it so I thought I'd give it a go. It was surprising good. I was worried that it wouldn't be very flavoursome because it didn't have any meat or fish in there. Well... I ended up having 2 helpings.

1 cup Almonds (soaked overnight)
1 cup Sunflower Seeds (soaked overnight)
1/3 cup Sesame Seeds
1/2 cup Celery, finely chopped
1/2 cup Red Onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
1 tbsp Lemon Juice (juice from 1 lemon)
1 tsp Sea Salt

Mix all ingredients in a blender or food processor. I ended up adding about 1/2 - 1 cup of water because my blender was struggling to combine.

Spread onto 1/2 of the sushi paper, fill lengthways with your choice of veg. I used Avocado, Carrot, Cucumber, Red Capsicum (which is Red Pepper for my American friends) and Alfalfa. Roll and cut into bite sized pieces using a sharp knife. I ate this will Soy Sauce but I'm sure there are other more healthy alternatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment